Calling all last minute lovers: Valentines Day is this Sunday, which means, you are likely taking a trip to your local grocer or floral shop to pick up a gorgeous bouquet for your sweetheart. I know your lady always says she loves the flowers you get her, but sometimes those red roses and baby's breath actually don't delight as much as we may say they do- we love you for the gesture though!
We've teamed up with the brilliant, floral master-mind, Kim Dodrill, with Swoon Floral Design, to teach you how to pick out the perfect bouquet!
Tips for the
1. Buy an arrangement featuring your gals favorite flower (this may take some research aka asking her friends)
2. Married guys, get her an arrangement that mimics what her bridal bouquet was like. This might mean some of the same flowers used in her bouquet or even the color palette.
3. Mini herb gardens, terrariums, and succulents will last much longer than a cut flower arrangement. Many florists can plant something up for you in a pretty container. Be sure to ask for care instructions!
4. Picking out a bouquet yourself? Choose one that has some tighter blooms These will open up over the next several days and you will be able to enjoy the arrangement for longer.
5. Instead of the typical arrangement of roses, choose an arrangement of late winter/early spring blooms such as tulips, hyacinth, hellebore or even blooms branches.
Whether you're an expert floral purchaser or a novice, you'll score major points using Kim's thoughtful floral tips. And remember, it doesn't have to be Valentines Day to get us a gorgeous bouquet ;)
Danielle & Kim